While the first part of the 2023 will see our focus on Luke Sanders as he competes in the first couple of rounds of the Australian Superbike Championship (ASBK), the rest of team will be in full swing from mid-year as the Victorian Road Race Championships kick off.
Only having 1 main racing focus in the first part of the year allows us to focus more heavily on workshop operations with our new boys.
We will give more details in coming months as we get deeper into it, but here a few key items on the agenda:
· Tim Large has stepped up from Supersport 600 to Superbike for 2023. We now have 2 x Yamaha R1s which we are currently building up for Timmo. We will then embark on a bit of a testing program before likely doing a full VRRC campaign and looking to move up to ASBK in 2024
· Luke Sanders will be doing selected rounds of the ASBK in the Supersport class, with the vision to do a full season in the ASBK Supersport in 2024. We are currently building him a new Yamaha R6 and will be working to have 2 x new machines for 2024
· Harley (Sauce) Side and William Sharrock will head up our VRRC Supersport campaign in 2023. We will be working closely with both of the boys to see if we can get them to make a bit of as step in pace as the year progresses.
· Brad (Shawy) Shaw has just become a daddy!!! As such he is likely to do limited running abroad his R1 in 2023 but is aiming to make a full return to the VRRC in 2024.
· We will continue our involvement with the Ohvale FIM-MiniGP and Jed Fyffe as we did in 2022. And for 2024, we will be looking to expand our involvement in the series with 1 x 160cc MiniGP and 1 x 190cc MiniGP
· We will also be continuing to our training program for the big kids on the Ohvale GP-2 190cc at MotoTuesdays.
· And if that isn’t enough! We will also be supporting Colin Bone as usual, Lee Rammstein as he makes the transition to a Yamaha R1 in the VRRC, plus a heap of other members of the Race Center family including, James Ahimastos, Chris Cucuzza, Alex Brisbane, Rob Villano and many others!
It’s going to be a huge 2nd part of the year.